C4 Forums | Control4

New Halo and Halo Touch Remotes

WhyPhy

10 hours ago, gregheard said:

have definitely shipped.  This integrator already got one and reviewed it on Residential Tech Today

He specifically says in the beginning of the article that he got one "ahead of the official launch".

The story was probably written days ago, and embargoed until the launch date.

RyanE

3 hours ago, dinom said:

Am I missing something?  This guy thinks he’s reviewing the non touch Halo but his unboxing pictures show the touch version with large screen and no numeric keypad. What’s the deal?

Wondering the same thing.

1 minute ago, therockhr said:

you may want to give that driver another chance. I installed it about 8 months ago and it has worked without issue. I was hesitant based on the feedback from this site but it is solid for me.

Would agree -- I've been using it for a couple years now and I've NEVER had issues with it. 

3 minutes ago, therockhr said:

you may want to give that driver another chance. I installed it about 8 months ago and it has worked without issue. I was hesitant based on the feedback from this site but it is solid for me.

The driver “used” to disconnect every few weeks long ago, but updates were made over the years and now I never have a problem with my Neeo. 

Well I refrained from using the official Apple Driver for 1 reason, I hanged on my HC800 to the last minute! Had to pull off the cord and move to EA5 last Xmas! I used the Apple Driver since then, I had zero issues really, it’s very easy just sign up all your ATV’s with one account, the steps are straight forward, once done u have it and it’s stable!

As a heavy user of Apple Home App, it was pretty easy for me! Am sure it’s pain in the neck for installers to chase customers asking for user names and passwords or creates one! It’s the Apple echo system that wrapped around ur neck!

1 hour ago, JSTRONG said:

I have no problem with the Apple IP setup.

And my Halo remotes have arrived.

Setup could not be easier. The end user just scans the code and adds it to their Wifi using your phone.

I am in love with these remotes.

Pictures?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.