C4 Forums | Control4

New Halo and Halo Touch Remotes

WhyPhy

24 minutes ago, Ilushka85 said:

I have UAPSD enabled and im using Unifi.

Did you try restarting your APs? How many APs do you have? You might want to try locking the remote to the closest. Is all your firmware up to date on the Release channel? (I sometimes live on the bleeding edge; my APs are currently on EA 6.5.30.)

3 hours ago, cnicholson said:

I still haven't been able to get voice control working for Apple TV.  It is just me?  Pre-Halo, everything updated (3.3.2, current version of Apple Bridge and Apple TV drivers).  I have lots (17!) of Apple TVs and they all worked fine with C4 remotes (and native Siri remote voice controls).  Halo is on fast 5GHz network, 300Mbs link speed, I see Voice URL assigned in Halo driver.  Halo is great as a remote, but voice control just not working.  😞  

Things I've tried:

1.  "Factory Reset" on Apple Bridge driver / re-doing the Homekit integration;

2.  "Refreshed" on Apple Bridge driver

3.  Refresh connections on Voice Coordinator Agent

4.  Delete / Re-add Halo from project

5.  Reset of Halo (power off, hold "Back" button for 10 seconds on power on, re-add via iOS app).  Not sure if true "Factory Reset," but that is what Control4 told dealer to try.

6.  I actually have two Halos and one refuses to update firmware, but neither one works for voice.  Just in case having an old firmware Halo in project was causing problems, I removed that Halo from project

7.  Re-set DNS settings in Core5 to point to 1.1.1.1.  Rebooted main network router and WiFi for good measure.

Any ideas?

What is happening when you press the voice button? 

I had to disable and re enable siri on the apple TV. Actually somehow it got disabled on its own or the Halo disabled it. Once I re enabled it, started working well. 

1 hour ago, ChzBurger said:

Did you try restarting your APs? How many APs do you have? You might want to try locking the remote to the closest. Is all your firmware up to date on the Release channel? (I sometimes live on the bleeding edge; my APs are currently on EA 6.5.30.)

It may be good to establish what is a "normal" battery drain range for this new remote.   I'm not hearing of anyone yet getting multiple days charge while the remote is off the base?  I would assume battery life is something that would be heavily tested by C4 during design and beta phase so maybe Ryan can chime in on what we can expect (before working numerous mitigations)?

For me, at present my remote without use is at about 65-70% battery life while resting 7 hours off the cradle.

16 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

System is up to date?

16 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

System is up to date?

I assume not.  My app says I am on 3.2.3.606460-res(Sep 13 2021).   If this is not updated, can I update the system myself?  I also have Composer Home Edition.

3 minutes ago, Nupe1911 said:

I assume not.  My app says I am on 3.2.3.606460-res(Sep 13 2021).   If this is not updated, can I update the system myself?  I also have Composer Home Edition.

Ah yes, to add a HALO your system will need to be on the current OS 3.3.2.xxxxxxx

You cannot update yourself, though your dealer, or any of the remote dealers on here should you wish to reach out, can start the update remotely - a site visit isn't a requirement as such.

NOW - here's to hoping you don't have an HC800 in there.....

1 hour ago, Nupe1911 said:

I am trying to add the Halo Remote, however when I can the QR code on the Halo Remote it does not appear in my "app"?  Thoughts anyone?

That is not current. You need to be on 3.3.2 and a dealer must update you. Happy to help. 

32 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Ah yes, to add a HALO your system will need to be on the current OS 3.3.2.xxxxxxx

You cannot update yourself, though your dealer, or any of the remote dealers on here should you wish to reach out, can start the update remotely - a site visit isn't a requirement as such.

NOW - here's to hoping you don't have an HC800 in there.....

Any dealer want to help me out? I will pay.

My Halo was at about 90% charged when I stopped using around 12 hours ago last night. I purposefully didn’t put it in its charger, and this morning it’s about 70%-75%. So not too bad.   I did change the power saver timeout to 30 mins. 

But it does take a few seconds when you first wake the remote from the sleep state. The screen remains blank but I’m not sure if the hard buttons are inactive until that point or not.

So from sleep state (which I have as 30 min) I think it will take a few seconds (3-5?) before you can send a command. Which if you are watching a movie and quickly want to pause or mute, may be an inconvenience. 

I understand the need for a modern remote with rich media data but I guess 2nd Gen remotes (Halo) will be passed by me as inherited WiFi issues are there and won’t be fixed for the nature of the WiFi technology itself, High Bandwidth coupled with Higher power and battery consumption is not avoidable.

I believe 3rd Gen remotes should adopt hybrid technology where ZB is used for normal navigation while WiFi is used for Metadata, u could have the best of both worlds and employs the deficiencies of current technology without impacting the user experience.

Whatever tweaks and optimization will not going to enhance a basically inefficient wireless technology!

47 minutes ago, Amr said:

I understand the need for a modern remote with rich media data but I guess 2nd Gen remotes (Halo) will be passed by me as inherited WiFi issues are there and won’t be fixed for the nature of the WiFi technology itself, High Bandwidth coupled with Higher power and battery consumption is not avoidable.

I believe 3rd Gen remotes should adopt hybrid technology where ZB is used for normal navigation while WiFi is used for Metadata, u could have the best of both worlds and employs the deficiencies of current technology without impacting the user experience.

Whatever tweaks and optimization will not going to enhance a basically inefficient wireless technology!

Are the Savant remotes wifi or ZB?

8 minutes ago, Elvis said:

SR260 is Zigbee, NEEO is WiFi and a flop, Halo is WiFi only. I'm not sure I understand the wisdom of eliminating Zigbee. WiFi is always the first "suspect" with any C4 issues. Just my opinion.

Well, u need WiFi for cover art and metadata, I just think C4 should refocus on their core strength!

I'm hopeful that there will be meaningful (not overwhelming) battery life improvements via firmware updates. The current state isn't good. The Halo 24 hour network activity (90% local) was 67 MB. My Apple Watch Ultra, which will run for 2.5 days, did 86 MB (80% local) over the last 24 hours. 

24 minutes ago, ChzBurger said:

I'm hopeful that there will be meaningful (not overwhelming) battery life improvements via firmware updates. The current state isn't good. The Halo 24 hour network activity (90% local) was 67 MB. My Apple Watch Ultra, which will run for 2.5 days, did 86 MB (80% local) over the last 24 hours. 

Isnt battery life one of the key considerations in remote design and beta testing?  I would assume this result is not a surprise to C4 and what they have planned for?  Maybe there design approach is really just a daily return to cradle design at the end of the day?

Also,  what is the pathway for the customer for battery replacement?   Is this going to be like Apple and for a cost we send back to C4 to change the battery?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.