C4 Forums | Control4

New Halo and Halo Touch Remotes

WhyPhy

10 hours ago, cdcllc said:

My next project will be working on Xfinity voice integration and probably upgrading ATV to latest / greatest and get voice there as well.

Start with the AppleTV integration.  The Xfinity set-top boxes do not have the voice enabled firmware quite yet.  It shouldn't be too long, but we don't have a firm release date at this point in time.

If you are already controlling your Xfinity via IP, you're about as far as you can go right now.

RyanE

15 hours ago, gregheard said:

Any timeframe for updates to Halo to do functions that are in some of the other platforms iOS/SR260/Neeo such as:

• Thermostat
  • Shades
  • Security
  • Intercom

I don't believe any timeframes have been announced yet.

That said, they should not need to wait for a full OS update, so hopefully sooner rather than later.

RyanE

16 hours ago, B Boi said:

Enabled on UAPSD and disabled the multicast on my 2.4Ghz network (U6-LR).

I see that you're using UniFi WiFi.  Is Apple TV voice control working for you?  I have not been able to get it to work and I'm wondering if it has to do with something on the UniFi configuration side of things.

4 minutes ago, cnicholson said:

I see that you're using UniFi WiFi.  Is Apple TV voice control working for you?  I have not been able to get it to work and I'm wondering if it has to do with something on the UniFi configuration side of things.

Yeah it’s working fine. I had to restart the Apple TV at first to get Siri to work.

30 minutes ago, cnicholson said:

What driver are you using? And version? 

Hi all

had a power outage today and although I can control c4 through the app, I cannot get the Halo remote to connect anymore. Have restarted multiple times and unable to get passed the screen that says check WiFi/network. Anyone know a fix? 

Pretty disappointing that you get stuck in this network error screen and you cannot do any kind of menu functions to reset the remote/network settings. 

13 hours ago, jlperez2014 said:

Hi all

had a power outage today and although I can control c4 through the app, I cannot get the Halo remote to connect anymore. Have restarted multiple times and unable to get passed the screen that says check WiFi/network. Anyone know a fix? 

Pretty disappointing that you get stuck in this network error screen and you cannot do any kind of menu functions to reset the remote/network settings. 

I've had the same thing happen a couple of times. After whatever network anomaly passes the WiFi signal shows 2-3 bars but the Halo network connection error won't clear itself. The only fix is to reset/re-pair as per below:

On 2/13/2023 at 9:01 AM, cnicholson said:

Try powering off, then holding "Back" hard-button for 10 seconds while powering back on.  You'll need to re-pair the remote.

After having the Halo for a few days, we are not having any battery issues. Edit: Been off the cradle since Saturday at 2pm. Today, Tuesday at 8:15am it is at 50%.

I don't have a 260 to check this, so it could be the Dish driver: When we select Dish Media (DVR recording) directly on the Halo, it does turn the TV on and switch to Dish, but it doesn't "play" the selected recording. I think it is sending the commands to the Hopper before it is up and running. Immediately after, we get a Communication Error on the Halo. This clears itself in a few seconds or we can "Back" out of it.

Edited by Elvis
Added battery duration

On 2/20/2023 at 10:08 AM, Elvis said:

After having the Halo for a few days, we are not having any battery issues. Edit: Been off the cradle since Saturday at 2pm. Today, Tuesday at 8:15am it is at 50%.

I don't have a 260 to check this, so it could be the Dish driver: When we select Dish Media (DVR recording) directly on the Halo, it does turn the TV on and switch to Dish, but it doesn't "play" the selected recording. I think it is sending the commands to the Hopper before it is up and running. Immediately after, we get a Communication Error on the Halo. This clears itself in a few seconds or we can "Back" out of it.

What Wifi access points/network do you have ? This seems quite impressive

54 minutes ago, crash1977mtl said:

I can’t find any setting in my EAP660HD to turn on/off multicast enhancement. 

Is it possible my batch of remotes is bad ? I ordered 3 - one was DOA (battery doesn’t charge) and the other two die within 12 hours.

Certainly not normal but I guess it’s possible. I have 8 in my home and all are perfect. 

2 hours ago, crash1977mtl said:

I can’t find any setting in my EAP660HD to turn on/off multicast enhancement. 

Is it possible my batch of remotes is bad ? I ordered 3 - one was DOA (battery doesn’t charge) and the other two die within 12 hours.

It's more likely to be the tplink APs. Fun fact, TPlink blatantly stole the ubiquiti interface (and then stole the updated one)  for the omada platform. If their team can't be bothered even designing an interface (which isn't that difficult), it's reasonable to assume they haven't bothered putting much effort into the firmware either honestly.

At this time, best to test them with another ap to see if the issues persist first

1 hour ago, Andrew luecke said:

It's more likely to be the tplink APs. Fun fact, TPlink blatantly stole the ubiquiti interface (and then stole the updated one)  for the omada platform. If their team can't be bothered even designing an interface (which isn't that difficult), it's reasonable to assume they haven't bothered putting much effort into the firmware either honestly.

At this time, best to test them with another ap to see if the issues persist first

That's not to say tplink doesn't make good products either by the way. In fact, their unmanaged switches are fairly solid, and kasa is great.

With omada however, it doesn't have as much traction as brands like ubiquiti, and they started a bit later (so less testing overall). Also, if it's just an older copy of Ubiquiti anyway, might as well use ubiquiti. Omada seems to be the only product line that ripped off another interface too imho (kasa and tapo seems to have been designed by their own team).

The speed of the APs is only part of the equation too (that's just a matter of using the kernel module Broadcom/chipset provides to them), but so much happens on the routing side / wireless stack. 

Like I've personally seen issues with orbi and lifx/kasa despite the specs of the orbi units (which both use udp broadcasts). But on paper, you'd think orbi would potentially destroy brands like Aruba

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.