C4 Forums | Control4

New Halo and Halo Touch Remotes

WhyPhy

On 3/2/2023 at 9:22 AM, cnicholson said:

I feel your pain.  Siri voice has only worked very sporadically for me and, in general, doesn't work for me.  Please post updates if you find a root cause.

Never found a root cause. Possibly the firmware update helped. Anyway, it is now working normally.

3 hours ago, AidenL said:

Aside from the issues with battery life, can the batteries be replaced or is it sealed and once the battery dies thats it? 

Quoting myself - maybe it was the Neeo which couldnt have batteries replaced.

Battery life still appears to be of issue. After the update the Halo was fully charged. Watched about two hours of a series on the first night, same on the second night. The end of day 3 battery was low enough to warrant recharging.   Will have to check how long this takes to boot up. Maybe keeping it powered off is the answer.  In my circumstance it’s in a theater room so it’s not being constantly used.  The software update occurred after I had my remote for only a day.   Was it worse before?   Did others see improvement?   Hope the Touch is not having the same issues.   

2 hours ago, AidenL said:

Got my Halo installed today. Really happy with it, very much more modern than the SR260.

Me too...got mine integrated this week. I needed to add the voice coordinator and then all was good. I'm impressed.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven’t used Siri voice integration too much but I tried again tonight. Am I imagining that the Halo screen used to show the Siri colorful globe thingy when you pressed the microphone button?

Tonight it’s just showing some generic voice input screen when I press that button. Siri voice works fine with the Halo, I’m just wondering if they changed the GUI on the Halo screen. 

22 hours ago, dinom said:

Am I imagining that the Halo screen used to show the Siri colorful globe thingy when you pressed the microphone button?

Yes, it's never been the fancy Siri color globe, since that's Apple's thing... It's a pretty basic graphic animation on the Halo display.  You should see Siri's globe on the TV the AppleTV is hooked to.

RyanE

Mine did not update until I rebooted it. And it has been on the "Updating..." screen for several minutes now.

Hopefully this fixes it. The custom buttons disappeared and the voice remote quit working.

I hope getting voice to work with Google devices is near. If I'm gone for a day, when I return the Dish and Apple remotes are out. She uses the voice control on both.

Okay, how long should this update take? It's been over 5 minutes...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.