C4 Forums | Control4

The biggest change which might affecs a small number of users is that some drivers like the old ping driver and reboot driver are likely broken. This is a good thing because when drivers like ping ran, they blocked every driver on the controller from running for a few seconds (so, power on commands would be delayed, etc)

You'll want to ensure all your drivers are up to date if you run into issues

I was able to test 3.4.2's fix for remote connection of Composer HE to both properties with C4 and can confirm that it is working again which is a great fix! Note that you need to have separate licenses for HE for each property. Thanks to @msgreenf for upgrading me and helping me work through this over the last few weeks!

On 4/23/2024 at 6:02 PM, RAV said:

Interesting - they removing the ability already to register projects in Composer pushing to the new subscription model. From what I can see/read even with the upgrade it wont affect current systems that have already been registered its for net new registered projects.

2 minutes ago, ILoveControl said:

Interesting - they removing the ability already to register projects in Composer pushing to the new subscription model. From what I can see/read even with the upgrade it wont affect current systems that have already been registered its for net new registered projects.

Correct.  Even registering an existing used Core/EA won’t need to use Connect…

50 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Correct.  Even registering an existing used Core/EA won’t need to use Connect…

So am I correct in my thinking that Connect is for net new Projects that need to be registered. Projects already register composer still can as per above register existing or new CORE/EA's into the project?

20 minutes ago, ILoveControl said:

So am I correct in my thinking that Connect is for net new Projects that need to be registered. Projects already register composer still can as per above register existing or new CORE/EA's into the project?

no, that is only partially right.  You have a project on a EA now and you upgrade to a NIB core, you will have to subscribe to connect.  Connect requirement is about when the hardware was first registered.

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

no, that is only partially right.  You have a project on a EA now and you upgrade to a NIB core, you will have to subscribe to connect.  Connect requirement is about when the hardware was first registered.

Does this also mean, if I ever upgrade from my EA-5 to a new Controller, I will have to move to a subscription model?

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

Oh ok - thank you for clarifying. Interesting so as soon as you go to 3.4.2 and you add new controllers you going to be forced to connect subscription. So, then the question is, if you get the controller registered via connect can you still manage that controller via Composer Pro?

I just called tech support for clarification.

An old account upgrading to a Core DOES NOT have to pay for Connect and may fully update to the latest OS!!

Connect ONLY triggers at creation of a new account, and does so for ALL new accounts regardless of processor or OS!
Home sold systems need to either have the previous owner do a change of email to the new owners, or new owners will HAVE to pay Connect for a new account, even for an HC running 2.10.6.

In theory there is a resale value to dead accounts.

9 hours ago, RAV said:

And that explains the email from December 2023 about the purging of Inactive accounts.
https://www.snapone.com/privacy/inactive-customer-account-policy

Inactive accounts = short answer, hasn't called home in 2 years, details follow the link.

My HC-800 controller blew last May 2023, as I was awaiting a wood flooring replacement before upgrading my equipment.  Have been paying for 4sight and have a back-up of my system.  Will my account be suspended after May 2024 as I wait for the install? Just renewed 4Sight last month.  I’ll look out for the 30 day notice e-mail from Snap. 

I am experiencing a very weird and annoying bug on OS3.4.2.  It seems to be a bug with native C4 lighting (and maybe just the Advanced Lighting Agent).  I am regularly finding that when programming executes an Advanced Lighting Scene (eg All Downstairs Lights Off). It turns some lights off immediately and then the rest a couple of minutes (yes, minutes) later.  It does. It appear to be a Zigbee issue as the lights that are not off immediately show as “on” in the Navigators.  One can in fact speed things up by turning them off manually.

I have tried the IT101 trick (rebooting absolutely everything) and I have tried adding delays (which shouldn’t be necessary) before and after the offending commands… very weird.  As no one else has complained about this, I assume this issue is restricted to really large projects (or something else unique to my system)…

24 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I am experiencing a very weird and annoying bug on OS3.4.2.  It seems to be a bug with native C4 lighting (and maybe just the Advanced Lighting Agent).  I am regularly finding that when programming executes an Advanced Lighting Scene (eg All Downstairs Lights Off). It turns some lights off immediately and then the rest a couple of minutes (yes, minutes) later.  It does. It appear to be a Zigbee issue as the lights that are not off immediately show as “on” in the Navigators.  One can in fact speed things up by turning them off manually.

I have tried the IT101 trick (rebooting absolutely everything) and I have tried adding delays (which shouldn’t be necessary) before and after the offending commands… very weird.  As no one else has complained about this, I assume this issue is restricted to really large projects (or something else unique to my system)…

Have you since edited done the 'sync all scenes' action on the lighting page?
Any chance the delay lights are in more than, is it 25?? inclusive scenes?

19 minutes ago, RAV said:

Have you since edited done the 'sync all scenes' action on the lighting page?
Any chance the delay lights are in more than, is it 25?? inclusive scenes?

Simple answer... I’ve never used “sync all scenes” before but am logging in now to do that… thanks for the suggestion.

I probably have. A couple of hundred lights but I doubt that the problem lights (which seem to change randomly anyway) are in more than 10 or 15 scenes…

I wasn’t aware there was a limit (25?) and has this changed? I’ve never had this problem from version 23 until now (3.4.2) and my lighting scenes have not changed much over that time…

Thanks @RAV - I have a feeling that syncing all scenes may have fixed my problem.  As this was / is an intermittent issue, I can’t be sure until I’ve had a couple of days without the issue but some quick testing felt good.

Id be very keen to understand what syncing all scenes does! And why an OS upgrade may have broken things such that this was necessary…

Sync scenes - the device is told to store and pay attention that when Director broadcasts Scene 128 for example (which corresponds to Downstairs All) - then Kitchen Island you go to 25% over 2 seconds, Counter 38 etc...

This avoids popcorn affect, where lights get the command at varying times, and Director doesn't have to send a command to each lighting device, but sends 1 broadcast command.
(I looked it up, each lighting device can be part of 32 scenes, and systems can have 1000 scenes.)

I’m still rocking my issue since this update. I’m one of my rooms after watching a source for about 1.5 hours, the session will disappear in C4. Nothing turns off and no indicators on the TV screen. It’s just when I open the phone app it doesn’t show there being a session in the room. If I look at my halo remote it thinks the session is still there but if I hit any remote buttons like volume it will show the currently volume on the remote but does nothing on the TV nor does the volume slider change on the remote. If I go back to watch and select the source that’s showing on the Tv all works again. Haven’t waited another 1.5 hours to see if it re-occurs after that though. With that said I can consistently make this happen. I did try turning on all 13 TVs in the house to see if any others had this issue, and interestingly enough even the room I can consistently make this happen on didn’t lose its session after over 3 hours. But if I return everything off and run the test again with just that room on, problem is back. 

Other than the upgrade to controller version no other modifications have been made to the system. 

Should add controller is a CA-10. Also have an EA5v2, a Core 3 and a Core 1 in my project. (Don’t ask, lol)

21 minutes ago, Topfox said:

I’m still rocking my issue since this update. I’m one of my rooms after watching a source for about 1.5 hours, the session will disappear in C4. Nothing turns off and no indicators on the TV screen. It’s just when I open the phone app it doesn’t show there being a session in the room. If I look at my halo remote it thinks the session is still there but if I hit any remote buttons like volume it will show the currently volume on the remote but does nothing on the TV nor does the volume slider change on the remote. If I go back to watch and select the source that’s showing on the Tv all works again. Haven’t waited another 1.5 hours to see if it re-occurs after that though. With that said I can consistently make this happen. I did try turning on all 13 TVs in the house to see if any others had this issue, and interestingly enough even the room I can consistently make this happen on didn’t lose its session after over 3 hours. But if I return everything off and run the test again with just that room on, problem is back. 

Other than the upgrade to controller version no other modifications have been made to the system. 

Should add controller is a CA-10. Also have an EA5v2, a Core 3 and a Core 1 in my project. (Don’t ask, lol)

Maybe something more for me to investigate. Just tried launch the on screen guide in a room and that uses the Core 3 and it gives an error Lost Connectinf to Director, Attempting to reconnect. 

Weird that the app, remote, etc are obviously connecting to director though. There is a gremlin somewhere 

Nevermind on the onscreen guide piece. A reboot of the Core 3 fixed that problem. So back to my session issue only now. Lol

Funny I have since day one had my master session just turn off at random times. No programming to turn it off or anything. I'm starting to think our remote is the issue (SR 260) as other day it was bounced lightly in our bed by our daughter and the source changed. When it turns off the session is gone so it's not the TV doing itself it's C4 turning the whole room AV off. Weird.