C4 Forums | Control4

Halo 1.7 Firmware

Just got this photo of the network error but look at the signal indicator. Full bars.
UniFi currently shows it’s connected with excellent signal and no recent disconnects  

🤔 So strange. 

Totally anecdotal but it seems like at/below 50% battery is when these errors start  

IMG_1519.jpeg

7 hours ago, dblessing said:

Just got this photo of the network error but look at the signal indicator. Full bars.
UniFi currently shows it’s connected with excellent signal and no recent disconnects  

Suggest you have one of the experts here look at your compete network configuration. I know, I know….but its almost certainly a network issue at this point.

3 hours ago, C4 User said:

Suggest you have one of the experts here look at your compete network configuration. I know, I know….but its almost certainly a network issue at this point.

Even if it’s a network issue, I would think Halo could be graceful. Reconnect and start working again eventually. It’s odd that a brief network failure is fatal. 

While certainly possible, it would also be extremely coincidental that I started having issues the day or two after 1.7 installed. 

Just now, mbushardjr said:

I am wondering if the sleep/wake can be an option to turn on/off? I ask because my household doesn't like the 10ish second waking from sleep wait time. I know that helps with battery life, but we are in the habit of charging every day anyhow. 

Same here.

On 3/23/2024 at 2:14 PM, dblessing said:

Even if it’s a network issue, I would think Halo could be graceful. Reconnect and start working again eventually. It’s odd that a brief network failure is fatal. 

While certainly possible, it would also be extremely coincidental that I started having issues the day or two after 1.7 installed. 

I have this issue too. I had no problems before the firmware update and now regularly I get this network issue. I have to leave it for 30 seconds or so and it reconnects.

Sometimes it reconnects and then just won’t work. it will turn the tv and source on then nothing else. You have to leave it for a few seconds for it to almost boot up and then it works again. 

• 1 month later...

Have 4 separate remotes, adding to a system fresh out the box….everything works fine for 30 seconds.  Then it forces a firmware upgrade and none of them will reconnect too Wi-Fi . The network was fine for 30 seconds and to download the firmware but after that it says “poor signal/ can’t connect to network”, then gives a reboot option…

Any ideas?? It’s killing me

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Halo vs Halo touch now that the worst of the issues seem to be behind us. I have a halo touch but I definitely see the appeal of the Halo

I like the Halo Touch for several reasons.  The regular Halo reminds me of those super long RTI remotes. For me, they are too long to comfortably hold and use.  But that's just a personal thing.

2 hours ago, Rob21 said:

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Halo vs Halo touch now that the worst of the issues seem to be behind us. I have a halo touch but I definitely see the appeal of the Halo

I like the hard button Watch/Listen on the Halo, which seems be lost on the Touch. I find the Halo touch OS blah. Yes I use it, when the Halo or Neeo are dead

I haven’t used the touch, but I have 2 regular Halos and absolutely love them.  The color screen is an order of magnitude improvement over the SR, the feel of the remote is as good or better, and ours have both worked flawlessly.  I’ve had 1 for probably close to a year now and the screen is still going strong!

I much prefer the Touch-

-Agreed the Halo is too tall- Halo touch much easier to hold

-I don't use hard number keys at all

-I like the ability to easily control other devices in the room (light scenes, shades, music, etc) using favorites

-I would prefer if they would allow a configuration on the Touch settings to have the favorites screen be the "Home" screen without having to press the "Home" soft button.

Does anyone still recommend buying a Neeo today?

That depends. Could be more in store for voice control via the Halo. The Neeo is dead in terms of having met its potential. I loved it other than I tended to bump the screen buttons too often. Lots of people still swear by it, but it’s at its potential. But the SR series has been for years and it’s still the go to for probably 30% of users.

I’ll start a debate here. What percentage of users are using which platform remote. Here’s my guess:

30% SR Series
30 % Neeo
30% Halo Series
10% App/OSD or Touchscreen Only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted (edited)

I am getting a slight delay on button presses. Example: press the button for volume and slight delay until the action happens. Was fine for a long time, then delay happened for a few weeks. Then went away for a bit and was perfect, but now its back.

Other issue was when I first got the Halo touch it lost connection and would not connect a lot. Firmware seems to have fixed that thankfully. I will say when I first got it and this being my first ever C4 system, I was like. what did i do. All this money I was expecting a more premium experience. I then questioned my network. Ended up the firmware got it rolling along smoothly now (except for the delay) I am very happy and appreciate the firmware being pushed out. Bugs happen on new stuff. All I expect is timely fixes and I am pretty happy with them rolling them out. I also find the Halo touch screen very nice. Wish there was a setting of how long it would light up when moved. Maybe even a sensitivity setting (subs set it off a lot so I tend to leave it face down during movies). Roon and the Halo touch screen is awesome. Can browse music right on the remote if I dont have my ipad or phone around.

Edited by PaulAV9
Changed "halo" to "halo touch" for clarity

Don't get me wrong I wanted to love the Halos, but as the main device a customer uses to have so many issues out of the gate (they been out over a year now... add up all the release notes since then and well...) you can see why we stoped selling them on +90% of our projects after our first 2 installs last year and haven't looked back! The SR260 just works! and in this business thats what counts.   jm2c

On 5/9/2024 at 8:19 AM, DawnGordon said:

I like the Halo Touch for several reasons.  The regular Halo reminds me of those super long RTI remotes. For me, they are too long to comfortably hold and use.  But that's just a personal thing.

I total agree! When I unboxed the first one I was shocked at the size, reminded me of a 90's Zack Morris phone🤣

1 hour ago, Alt said:

Don't get me wrong I wanted to love the Halos, but as the main device a customer uses to have so many issues out of the gate (they been out over a year now... add up all the release notes since then and well...) you can see why we stoped selling them on +90% of our projects after our first 2 installs last year and haven't looked back! The SR260 just works! and in this business thats what counts.   jm2c

Agree completely.