C4 Forums | Control4

Greenfield Solutions Remote Programming

Greenfield Solutions has started to take on select projects, where we feel we can add value for remote work.  I am not looking to take on a ton of projects, but only ones that well align to my experience and where I believe I can offer both competitive knowledge and pricing on the work.

No Control4 hardware will be sold - programming only.  But Hardware and drivers from BlackWire Designs as well as drivers from DriverCentral.io are available.

Please don't hesitate to post or message me!

If you are any of the people I have remoted in and helped, don't hesitate to post :) 

• 5 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

Mitch is fantastic!  Seriously, we connected on here yesterday about updating my C4 to the newest version so I could add the functionality of the Music Services.  He was quick to answer all of my questions and setup a time to get things rolling THE SAME DAY!!  I have a good dealer but it is difficult to get on the calendar and I knew it would be weeks before I could be upgraded.  I also discovered that they have a FREE Ecobee driver and I had him install that while he was on the system.  Just to further explain how good Mitch is.....he told me that my Roku driver was very old, asked me if I wanted "direct access" icons under the "Watch" tab of C4 for Netflix, Hulu and all my Roku channels.  He dialed that up in a matter of minutes and completely changed my viewing experience with my Roku!

Amazon Music Service is really good.  If you are a prime member, you might as well give it a shot as it is included.  Super easy to setup on C4.

First class communications, quick, easy and very reasonable.  I will definitely use Mitch again in the future!

Thanks Mitch!  Could not be more happy! 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

My primary frustration with C4 over time has been the lack of access an owner / user has had historically to make seemingly simple changes.  Rather than pay what I believed to be very high rates to a local dealer to make some simple tweaks, I would instead try and hack things together myself - with moderate success.  I would use C4 for 70% of something, and then fall back to a device(s)-specific remote(s) to bridge the last 30%.  Over time this wears one (and his wife) down.

After reading about Alexa integration on these forums and poking around a bit I saw Mitch's name consistently come up, so I decided to reach out.  Mitch was immediately responsive, spending more time than was originally planned to help catch my system up and once again turn it into a true pleasure to work with.  The remotes are gone, except for the C4 remote, and with the Alexa integration Mitch has helped enable for me I expect even that will disappear.

Many thanks to Mitch for his support, and patience.  I would absolutely recommend Mitch to anyone that finds themselves in a similar boat, or simply looking for a knowledgeable, friendly, and fair expert to work with.

Thanks Mitch (my wife says thank you as well)! 

• 4 weeks later...

I was in a deep funk - you may have read some of my posts here about taking over a C4 install after a recent home purchase.  It was a disaster - all the lights in a single room, old never-updated drivers, no real "cool" parts of c4 working .... and then Mitch saved the day.  And a lot of dollars!   Mitch did a great health-check, got me squared away, did some composer/HE review and set my system in tip-top shape.

No more IR drivers!  Roku Channels (Netflix, Hulu, etc..) right on the remote!  Cool sounds play in the house when the Ring detects motion!

Thanks, Mitch!  Highly recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

After getting a quote from my dealer stating my project would require 2 full days of programming, I reached out to Mitch on a whim.  Am so glad I did!  He's the most knowledgeable C4 guy I've ever met.  He was able to complete the work in an hour and a half and provide suggestions I wasn't aware of that ultimately made my project and experience much better.  Thanks again Mitch!

You were in the best of hands with Mitch. Nothing intimidates him and he has such tenacity. Good for you pal. Glad Mitch got you going. Enjoy and happy automating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And he is not afraid to say I don’t know or something is out of scope to c4...which can be hard to find in this business. He is first class and is key member to our community.

• 2 weeks later...

I used Mitch's services over the weekend to help install a driver and to clean up some old punch list items.  I was truly impressed by his speed and efficiency of work.  He was knocking out the clean up items almost as fast as I could type them.  When you have somebody who really knows what they are doing it shows as he quickly addressed some issues my local dealer had overlooked or just didn't know how to fix.  I would definitely recommend using his services.  Thanks Mitch!  

The programming for my Control4 system was out of date following a home renovation. The past two weekends Mitch did a fantastic job getting it back in order, added several items that had not been automated previously and also gave me some great suggestions for future improvement. Communication was excellent. He was very efficient. I could not be more pleased and highly recommend him. He knows Control4!

• 1 month later...

My Control4 remote was no longer communicating with my receiver after a recent internet router switch. Mitch quickly Identified the problem, responded to my question in this forum within moments and then proceeded to login remotely to fix the issue within the hour. He also recommended changes I could make to my home internet settings that would prevent this issue in the future. He was great to work with and I highly recommend him! 

• 8 months later...

Just a quick shout out to Mitch. We have had major installation issues with our initial install and Mitch has PM’d me with advice after seeing one of my posts with some suggestions. We also had the chance to chat on the phone and he was super helpful.

He is also a super contributing member of these forums and offers assistance to a LOT of folks questions/problems.

When you’re looking for someone to help with remote programming I would definitely suggest reaching out to him.

Thanks again Mitch!

Wanted to add to the chorus of well-deserved accolades for @msgreenf .  I’m new to c4 and my local integrator is great but they have a huge programming backlog and couldn’t provide additional programming support for a few weeks after my install.  I reached out to Mitch because he posts so often and clearly knows what he’s doing.  I can’t express how glad I am to have connected with him because he totally exceed my expectations.  Imagine the best, most knowledgeable, hyper responsive, efficient programmer you can (and at a very reasonable rate) and you’ve got Mitch.  He immediately knew how to address my initial issues (bringing security sensors into my project) and had it done within about five minutes.  After that I’ve worked with Mitch many times over the past few weeks and, regardless of the time of day or night, he somehow responds within minutes and has helped fine tune our system, add devices and agents, and many other things.  Now, thanks to Mitch, our system works great and we are extremely happy with our C4 system.  I plan to continue working with Mitch on all future programming endeavors!  Thank you Mitch!

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.