C4 Forums | Control4

New Remotes

7 hours ago, wnpublic said:

Like unquestioningly worshiping companies that sell me things? No thanks. I assume you are still talking about me.  We seem to have asymmetrical levels of interest in what the other posts, if you are certain that I only post “negatively” based on your review of all my posts. I don’t have that recollection, but then again I don’t think stating truths about a product, like “Luma is junk your dealer likes to sell, get something else,” or “DS2 is bad, look for a different solution” is being “negative.”  Perhaps someone will not spend money they shouldn’t, that pleases me and seems like a net positive to me. I enjoy that very much, much more than I would doing the opposite, as so many unaccountably seem to do. 

Well that is a big ego and presumptuous that I am talking about you.  When I wanted to talk about someone directly as in my post above I did use their handles - I did not use yours.

At least we can agree that the DS2 is rubbish.

And I am glad to see you get joy from saving people from the hardships of hanging up LUMA cameras at their house.  Everyone needs to find their happy place, I am glad you have found yours.

3 hours ago, eggzlot said:

Well that is a big ego and presumptuous that I am talking about you.  When I wanted to talk about someone directly as in my post above I did use their handles - I did not use yours.

LOL, What? You literally posted the same thing, to me, a few posts earlier.  At least own what you do.

flat,750x1000,075,t.jpg

This conversation is ridiculous and only starts when people take issue with being critical of the brand. If that wasn't the case being "negative" wouldn't be brought up every time. If someone thinks parts of Control4 or managed technology sucks and wants to use the online user community explain to others why they have come to the conclusion there shouldn't be an issue every time. The biggest complaint with any of these systems is the comparable overall cost versus value and you only get that information honestly a few different ways. 

My two cents,  the SR260 has been an amazing remote in my household.   I was critical of the Neeo remote but the SR260 has been a workhorse remote and has a great feel in the hand and buttons are easy, well laid out, back lit, etc etc.  A great remote.   I wish the screens lasted longer on a few of mine but I had them 3-4 years prior to seeing the dim screen issue so I just wrote off that I got my value out of it.   Sure I wish they lasted longer but I had a good experience in the value vs overall use equation.    

23 hours ago, wnpublic said:

Spoken like a true company man.  I would say i don't understand the urge to defend a company at all costs;  but I do understand why.

You really have no idea of my disposition.

21 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Difference between a defect and quality issue? Maybe on paper by definition but the outcome to the customer is the same...crap

Not maybe at all but as for the end-result in this case arguably so. Like I said before - I'm not claiming it's "right".

18 hours ago, Control4Savant said:

The fact that some of you flip the second someone is negative about products, brand or company is ridiculous.

Who's 'flipping' here (I assume you mean flipping out by the way) - It's the comment that there may be some nuance here that is causing a barrage - and not 'in support of the product'.

Everyone claiming that it's those here that are negative about C4/a product get bashed right away really need to take a long hard look in the mirror (and at their own posts).

On the remotes themselves, for those looking for an (alternate) solution, I'll reiterate that there is an exchange program in place that will get you a brand new remote for a fraction of the cost of a new one, with a screen that supposedly doesn't have the same issue.

On 9/5/2021 at 2:13 PM, Cyknight said:

It's arguable that a dim screen two years past warranty isn't a defective product - just not a very good one. C4 offers a replacement program for the SR260's  at less than half, maybe even less than a third of the cost where you can get a brand new remote, with a different screen that supposedly doesn't have the issue, for any remote showing the dim screen.

My Truck's dashboard display is a lot dimmer these days - doubt Ford is going to send me a brand new truck for a third of the MSRP for it. 😆

There is/was a time limit on screen replacements.  I am getting one replaced right now with my dealer but it is taking a LONG time - I think it is about 6 months.

For the most part I am pretty happy with C4 and most of the hardware is good.  But they should stand behind products that have a high failure rate, even if it happens a year or two after the product is out of warranty. There have been other C4 products that had a propensity to die after a period of time - power supplies on the HC-300 and the C4-Amp108 seems to have lots of problems.  But the older matrix amps are super solid and seem to last much longer.

1 hour ago, Amr said:

So, if you don’t want to fix it, am packing my stuff and staying in New York for 3 weeks, send me all your remotes and I will do for u @ $70 a piece 🤣🤣 I want to catch US Open finals 🍺

Hopefully it will be chock full of Canadians with Felix, Leylah and Bianca in the QFs.

46 minutes ago, prabeau said:

Yea and we all live in Igloos, equipped with C4 of course. 

Not sure if you saw this but @Amr would be responding to Leylah Fernandez's interview after winning her match this afternoon and being asked about why there are so many good young tennis players on the scene and she said it was because the maple syrup is really good.

1 hour ago, zaphod said:

Not sure if you saw this but @Amr would be responding to Leylah Fernandez's interview after winning her match this afternoon and being asked about why there are so many good young tennis players on the scene and she said it was because the maple syrup is really good.

No I hadn't 

Apologies 

On 9/6/2021 at 2:49 PM, Cyknight said:

You really have no idea of my disposition.

Not maybe at all but as for the end-result in this case arguably so. Like I said before - I'm not claiming it's "right".

Who's 'flipping' here (I assume you mean flipping out by the way) - It's the comment that there may be some nuance here that is causing a barrage - and not 'in support of the product'.

Everyone claiming that it's those here that are negative about C4/a product get bashed right away really need to take a long hard look in the mirror (and at their own posts).

On the remotes themselves, for those looking for an (alternate) solution, I'll reiterate that there is an exchange program in place that will get you a brand new remote for a fraction of the cost of a new one, with a screen that supposedly doesn't have the same issue.

Could you elaborate some on the exchange program please? My dealer does not know about it.  

45 minutes ago, WisC4 said:

Could you elaborate some on the exchange program please? My dealer does not know about it. 

Have you dealer contact C4.  If your remote is less than a certain number of years old (4-5, I can't remember) they will send you a new remote.  You have to send back proof that you gave destroyed the old one - you have to drill a hole in a certain spot and send them back a photo. I have been waiting for mine for a bit over six months. 

The exchange program comes to an end next week.

"We are writing to tell you that starting 13 September, 2021, we will no longer provide our extended replacement program for the SR-260 remote. We began the replacement program to assist dealers experiencing specific issues from several lots of the SR-260 remotes produced from late 2017 and early 2018. We successfully resolved those issues in 2018 and have used the extended replacement program to offset impacts to dealers from those lots. Through internal analysis our team believes that we have moved through the impacted lots and should expect no further issues."

3 minutes ago, anon2828 said:

What if you just became aware of this program?  My dealer never made me aware or asked if I had any Sr260 issues - which I do, both screens are super dim, and I just thought I was stuck with them...

Don't matter. Program has been open for years. It's over today

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.