C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Connect and Assist - new CIaaS offering

To say yes you can talk to the test dealers and then no IS MORE THAN suspicious.  Regardless, they are hiding something.  Time will tell what it is....  Could be good for some, others not so....  we shall see....

6 minutes ago, Shoe said:

You have some information on this?

Nope. Not on any Beta, no inside info.
But I can read between the lines. And I have a fairly good guess where this is all going.

Why are there 3 prices for Connect?

Part of the reason for this program is because there are so many C4 owners that have been abandoned by their dealer or have had conflict and parted ways, this gives the customer a way to deal with C4 to have issues resolved although I’m not sure how that’s going to go with how we’ve seen some systems are put together… they need a bomb not tech support

Another aspect is to let the integrator work on new jobs and not get bogged down with service requests which I think is a complete crock of crap, if you’re so bad at putting systems together and business in general that you can’t figure out how to put together a reliable system then service the minor issues that might crop up then C4 should have a mechanism is place to at least delist that dealer from the dealer locator

It’s embarrassing that Assist is becoming a thing but it speaks to the quality of dealers in general and not the C4 product which we find to be quite reliable. Other snap products like their amps and hdmi extenders are piss poor and we haven’t used them for a number of years

image.png.62c9368ada5d03774874fa31885fabb5.png

This is interesting, Integrators that want to take on customers with Assist accounts will have to be an "Assist Authorized" integrator. I sure hope that doesn't squeeze out the rockin' small operators. Also makes me wonder if Assist is really being maned by the dealers.

30 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

how much notice did Dealer get about this announcement before Snap One put out a press release ?

There was a week notice about any announcement. But everyone got the info at the same time

21 hours ago, therockhr said:

No one hires off-shore resources to get better quality work (unless you are hiring in Europe which comes at a premium even over US based resources). It is strictly to save money (on paper). The work you get is subpar at best and non-exist a lot of times. People in the US spend most of their times holding their hands or fixing their messes (that is if they do anything) so there are no real gains made by hiring them. The existing people just end up working twice as hard. You are also not allowed to talk about how bad it is so you just have to sit and take it.

This isn’t true any longer. Off-shore is just as good and in some cases better for scale than in the US unfortunately. It is also about 1/10 the cost per seat. All tech firms at size run a mix and, again, at least in the past few years off-shore is as good or better unfortunately. 

Additionally, AI is starting to take shape in tech support. If I were them I would be driving down this road as fast as I could especially for issue diagnosis. 

12 hours ago, Shoe said:

This is interesting, Integrators that want to take on customers with Assist accounts will have to be an "Assist Authorized" integrator. I sure hope that doesn't squeeze out the rockin' small operators. Also makes me wonder if Assist is really being maned by the dealers.

There are new dealer terms released as well.
I'll take this to mean, you agreed to provide prompt service, and you didn't so you need to xyz or you won't be an Assist dealer anymore.
No implication it has to do with dealer size, volume, level etc.

12 minutes ago, Topfox said:

So do I just load up on 4sight subscriptions to save me money for a few years?  Lol

serious question though. I’d bank a few years if that works. 

I don't think that's possible.  But someone correct me if wrong.

15 minutes ago, Topfox said:

So do I just load up on 4sight subscriptions to save me money for a few years?  Lol

serious question though. I’d bank a few years if that works. 

Control4 has stated in the dealer FAQ clients may continue to purchase 4sight directly or through a dealer for legacy systems on line prior to April 23.
Dealers can certainly stack 4sight on an account, been able for years, buy 3 and no renewal concerns for 3 years.

However, many people buying end of the model year cars, often have buyers remorse when they see the new one released.
And at this moment there appears to be no advantage, or penalty, to waiting to see.

46 minutes ago, Topfox said:

It appears you can do that, but if new features are added you can only get them with Connect and not 4Sight according to the current docs. That means you can keep on keeping on for some time if you don't want or need anything new and shiny they deploy. You can still get patches and upgrades. Seems like they are going to start embracing feature flags flipped by Connect licensing. That can get complex for a small shop.

image.png.ecff67c6f8abcf51d86b6bc1261d8afb.png

image.png.4e0ae587d79fb91d05f88ee9e6baf573.png

3 minutes ago, Shoe said:

It appears you can do that, but if new features are added you can only get them with Connect and not 4Sight according to the current docs. That means you can keep on keeping on for some time if you don't want or need anything new and shiny they deploy. You can still get patches and upgrades. Seems like they are going to start embracing feature flags flipped by Connect licensing. That can get complex for a small shop.

image.png.ecff67c6f8abcf51d86b6bc1261d8afb.png

image.png.4e0ae587d79fb91d05f88ee9e6baf573.png

Wonder what those future features may be. Looking at the existing comparison of 4sight to Connect, I don’t see any of the new stuff that I would personally care about but guess there could be something new in the future. Would probably require me to update all my EA controllers to Core controllers to. 

8 minutes ago, Topfox said:

Wonder what those future features may be.

Sometimes existing features are reframed and packed with enhancements as new. Like if they created a new Voice feature. I'd like to see Matter support to extend the reach of sensors and integrations. It's hard to keep up with the hardware game so Matter would allow C4 to be even better at integrations.

The other side of this is what about customers outside the USA?  

Does the fact that we are forced to stay on 4sight mean that we won’t get access to new features? While I am not keen on the extra payment for the new 4sight (Connect), I also don't want to be forced into not having new features (depending on what these are)…

The other side of this is what about customers outside the USA?  
Does the fact that we are forced to stay on 4sight mean that we won’t get access to new features? While I am not keen on the extra payment for the new 4sight (Connect), I also don't want to be forced into not having new features (depending on what these are)…

I think the new features exclusive to Connect thing is BS. We’ll see. I bet they’ll sunset 4sight before they have any features exclusive to Connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, macosr said:

This isn’t true any longer. Off-shore is just as good and in some cases better for scale than in the US unfortunately. It is also about 1/10 the cost per seat. All tech firms at size run a mix and, again, at least in the past few years off-shore is as good or better unfortunately. 

Additionally, AI is starting to take shape in tech support. If I were them I would be driving down this road as fast as I could especially for issue diagnosis. 

I have never experienced that and no one who is being honest has experienced better tech support\engineering work by going off-shore either. Again, you get what you pay for.

The only time it would truly make sense for off-shore tech support would be for off hours support or to service the area they are actually located in. 

Just now, therockhr said:

I have never experienced that and no one who is being honest has experienced better tech support\engineering work by going off-shore either. Again, you get what you pay for.

The only time it would truly make sense for off-shore tech support would be for off hours support or to service the area they are actually located in. 

I just don't agree at all. I have amazing engineering in Greece as an example 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.