C4 Forums | Control4

C4 IOS today’s update bring in faster experience

Amr

30 minutes ago, DanITman said:

Should this improve intercom speed? 

There are a few things that could mean. Are you talking about about the time it takes to open the app from getting a notification? It you could be referring to the call speed of video and audio while in the call? 
Depending on what you are referring to the answer is maybe. I know that's not too helpful but intercom calls and the process for notifications and answering calls is a different communication path than logging in and using your home. Our focus was on the latter. The path to communicate with the controller and main features of the app were the main focus of this last release. But rest assured we understand the needs to make intercom work as fast as possible and we are always working to improve that process as well.

1 hour ago, Jonathan, C4 Engineer said:

There are a few things that could mean. Are you talking about about the time it takes to open the app from getting a notification? It you could be referring to the call speed of video and audio while in the call? 
Depending on what you are referring to the answer is maybe. I know that's not too helpful but intercom calls and the process for notifications and answering calls is a different communication path than logging in and using your home. Our focus was on the latter. The path to communicate with the controller and main features of the app were the main focus of this last release. But rest assured we understand the needs to make intercom work as fast as possible and we are always working to improve that process as well.

Sorry I didn’t provide more context to my intercom issue. The time it takes for a chime call to reach my phone when away from the house is a crap shoot. Sometimes it works and sometimes I answer and the people are back in their cars going down the driveway. The speed at which the call gets to me. On the t4 in the house it’s pretty quick. However, there is still a noticeable delay in talking over the lan. 

20 minutes ago, DanITman said:

Sorry I didn’t provide more context to my intercom issue. The time it takes for a chime call to reach my phone when away from the house is a crap shoot. Sometimes it works and sometimes I answer and the people are back in their cars going down the driveway. The speed at which the call gets to me. On the t4 in the house it’s pretty quick. However, there is still a noticeable delay in talking over the lan. 

Ok I understand now. So this is something we're aware of and working to resolve.

This is great. For some items I’ve found myself defaulting to the manufacturers app because it would take so long for C4 app to open on my iPhone. Example looking at my security cameras, but now with this update I think I can go back to relying on C4 app vs doing some tasks in C4 and some in manufacturer apps. 

1 hour ago, Topfox said:

This is great. For some items I’ve found myself defaulting to the manufacturers app because it would take so long for C4 app to open on my iPhone. Example looking at my security cameras, but now with this update I think I can go back to relying on C4 app vs doing some tasks in C4 and some in manufacturer apps. 

I was the exact same way. Sometimes the cameras, sometimes the shades, etc… because the app took so long to load. This is a MASSIVE improvement and I’m very thankful. Great work team. 

18 minutes ago, time2jet said:

There is no change to the snappiness of IA. For instance, my intercom rings and by the time the video is available the delivery guy is long gone.

Sad that Ring & Nest worked so much better for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you referring to the IA standalone app or the intercom feature within the OS3 Home app? We are aware of some of the intercom issues currently experienced by some users I just want to gather some more specific information about your feedback. - Thanks

Are you referring to the IA standalone app or the intercom feature within the OS3 Home app? We are aware of some of the intercom issues currently experienced by some users I just want to gather some more specific information about your feedback. - Thanks

My doorbell rings out to IA embedded in my C4 iOS app on my iPhone. The delay in makes it nearly unusable.

1 hour ago, time2jet said:

My doorbell rings out to IA embedded in my C4 iOS app on my iPhone. The delay in makes it nearly unusable.

I suggest you open a bug report and let’s get this under C4 radar if they really want to dedicate some resources for this to work, I also have delays but as u said by the time I reply it’s game over!

The app is super quick with the new update! Thanks to the C4 team for making this happen!

Would this update also fix the discussion I had started in the thread below:

It's a problem I've been facing for a few months even when using the app on the local network. Any time the iOS app was opened, after the UI finished loading it seemed like there was no communication between the app and director for around the first 30 seconds. For example, opening lights/shades would show an empty list, watching any source wouldn't actually turn any equipment on until the 30 seconds was over but the app would look like the source was playing, tapping a favorited light wouldn't change the state of the light until the 30 seconds were over, etc. But after the initial 30 seconds or so, all the commands execute as though they had queued up until then. 

The problem would go away if I removed the system from the app and added it again, but would show up again after 2-3 days. The only solution was to remove and add the system again. 

12 minutes ago, ashwinmj said:

The app is super quick with the new update! Thanks to the C4 team for making this happen!

Would this update also fix the discussion I had started in the thread below:

It's a problem I've been facing for a few months even when using the app on the local network. Any time the iOS app was opened, after the UI finished loading it seemed like there was no communication between the app and director for around the first 30 seconds. For example, opening lights/shades would show an empty list, watching any source wouldn't actually turn any equipment on until the 30 seconds was over but the app would look like the source was playing, tapping a favorited light wouldn't change the state of the light until the 30 seconds were over, etc. But after the initial 30 seconds or so, all the commands execute as though they had queued up until then. 

The problem would go away if I removed the system from the app and added it again, but would show up again after 2-3 days. The only solution was to remove and add the system again. 

This should also be resolved

On 5/18/2022 at 7:49 AM, Mister_Tad said:

I love how quick the app loads now.

I don't love how neither my nor the wife's phone rings for intercom - anyone else have this issue? Neither have worked since this update

The touchscreens all ring, the phones do not.

Same issue, whenever anyone presses my Chime Doorbell we no longer receive calls. We also have lost all motion notifications. The Chime doorbell has been a let down. It’s very inconsistent. Also as others have said the delay for the call to come in when it does work is long. 

I am still on 3.1.3 and have an HC800 as my primary controller but for me the iOS app is materially worse, especially when it comes to opening session.  I no longer see a progress bar that shows what is being updated when I first open the app and it is connecting to my system. When I open sessions it is much slower opening any audio sessions that I have.

3 hours ago, zaphod said:

I am still on 3.1.3 and have an HC800 as my primary controller but for me the iOS app is materially worse, especially when it comes to opening session.  I no longer see a progress bar that shows what is being updated when I first open the app and it is connecting to my system. When I open sessions it is much slower opening any audio sessions that I have.

Am on HC800/3.2.4 and the IOS app on iPhone13 is much faster than before, no progress true but much faster

8 hours ago, zaphod said:

What about sessions?

Very fast, I have no issues with sessions and custom wallpapers as well, I think you should go to 3.2.4 unless you have something that prohibits you from upgrading ...

18 hours ago, zaphod said:

We do have a minimum OS version requirement to be able to utilize all of the new network speed and connection improvements. Which is 3.2.4

On 5/18/2022 at 4:49 AM, Mister_Tad said:

I love how quick the app loads now.

I don't love how neither my nor the wife's phone rings for intercom - anyone else have this issue? Neither have worked since this update

The touchscreens all ring, the phones do not.

We discovered a bug that caused push notifications to become unregistered in some cases which would lead to not receiving incoming call.  We just submitted a 322.20.0 build with a fix to Apple and it will be available as soon as it makes it through their review process. 

If you'd like early access to this build you can get it from TestFlight here: https://testflight.apple.com/join/bI6oH4Gu

4 hours ago, Darin, C4 PM UI said:

We discovered a bug that caused push notifications to become unregistered in some cases which would lead to not receiving incoming call.  We just submitted a 322.20.0 build with a fix to Apple and it will be available as soon as it makes it through their review process. 

If you'd like early access to this build you can get it from TestFlight here: https://testflight.apple.com/join/bI6oH4Gu

I’ve not been receiving intercom calls or push notifications and trying to figure out why. I’ll try this TestFlight build. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.