C4 Forums | Control4

Mulit-Topic - Best 3rd Party Drivers/Add-Ons/Best Non-C4 Hardware

Time2Jet

I’m sure there have been threads on all of these subjects, but I’d be very interested to have the forum members share opinions and success stories about any stand-out third party drivers, add-ons, software and/or hardware. There are so many interesting choices today, that it’s hard to ferret out the best of the best. Care to share a good integration or product? Interesting integrations is also a topic that rears now and then... but it’s always fun and helpful to hear success stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best thing I’ve seen in the past few years is Bond bridge.

Fills a massive gap in Control4 and has skyrocketed to become one of our top drivers in the past month.

Controls Somfy RTS shading, every single RF fan sold at Lowe’s and Home Depot among with RF controlled fireplaces.

http://www.chowmainsoft.com/bond-control4

7 hours ago, alanchow said:

Fills a massive gap in Control4 and has skyrocketed to become one of our top drivers in the past month.

Controls Somfy RTS shading, every single RF fan sold at Lowe’s and Home Depot among with RF controlled fireplaces.

This got my attention, especially reading from your website about using a 'Bond Fan Speed Controller' to add 'smarts' to a non-RF, non-IR fan.

In my somewhat older home, there is a Hunter Fan/Light in the Kitchen, that is controlled by 1 switch, with no 'smarts' at all.  I don't have separate control of the Fan and Light, and have to use the chains if I want the Fan On/ Light Off, Fan Off/Light On, etc.  We have a Control4 Switch there, not dimmers, as a Dimmer would burn out the fan, as we were told.  I can use Control4 to turn the Fan/Light On, but have to use the chains to do anything else.

Would it be possible to wire in that Bond Controller to separate out the Fan and Light functionality so that we could operate it as if this was installed with separate circuitry for the Fan and Light? Or are we limited by the original wiring, which would have to be redone to accomplish this?

Sounds a lot like the materlink driver. Glad there is competing products in that space.

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, alanchow said:

Will the Bond allow me to integrate Somfy RTS wireless motors without the use of the Somfy MyLink hub?

5 hours ago, LollerAgent said:

Will the Bond allow me to integrate Somfy RTS wireless motors without the use of the Somfy MyLink hub?

Yep.  What is also nice is since it’s wifi you can throw bond anywhere that you have wifi coverage.

Controls up to 30 devices per bond bridge.

5 hours ago, msgreenf said:
5 hours ago, LollerAgent said:

Yes

Very interesting.  I have some non-motorized roller shades that I'd like to automate.  I started looking into somfy retro-fit motors and got discouraged by the need for a receiver and just forgot about the project. 

Anyone ever go through the process of retrofitting somfy motors into roller shades for purposes of automating?  I'd be interested in understanding how you did it.

32 minutes ago, joecheech said:

Very interesting.  I have some non-motorized roller shades that I'd like to automate.  I started looking into somfy retro-fit motors and got discouraged by the need for a receiver and just forgot about the project. 

Anyone ever go through the process of retrofitting somfy motors into roller shades for purposes of automating?  I'd be interested in understanding how you did it.

no i haven't

4 hours ago, joecheech said:

Motors go in the tube.  I’ve had to remove my motor for service and I easily added a clutch mechanism in the tube.  How big is the tube?  

I did it with the $50 morning rising RF ones on amazon. Just buy the motor that fits the tube size. Power it and you are done.

Anyone need somfy battery packs?

Coolest drivers (off the top of my head):

Blackwire Emojis (released on 1 April one year but much more than just a joke)

Mitch’s Renamer Driver (a must for HE users)

Alan’s IFTTT driver (allows integration of almost anything)

Annex4’s LG driver (Toast messages are cool)

Control4’s native irrigation driver

13 hours ago, SMHarman said:

I did it with the $50 morning rising RF ones on amazon. Just buy the motor that fits the tube size. Power it and you are done.

Can you send link please? Thanks!

Can you send link please? Thanks!
Here depending on tube type.

25mm 1in tube
Morningrising 12V DIY Electric Roller Blind/Shade Tubular 25mm Motor Kit & Remote Controller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DZQ43AI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_qYATDbNVDA5XT

38mm 1.5in tube
Morningrising 12V DIY Electric Roller Blind/Shade Tubular Motor Kit Suit for 1.5 inch/38mm Diameter Tubes Without Remote Control https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L8FW95E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8YATDb2W06XNA

Are these drivers something that I can add myself using HE, or does a dealer have to install them?
Any driver needs a dealer install. Usually you can muck with the parameters after, e.g. time to run from open to close.

This requires a master driver install then the blind driver in each relevant room and the dealer binding up down stop etc between those.

You then need to train the rf commands to the master driver.

Thank you. Did you integrate these into your C4 system?  If so, how? With Bond Bridge?
I used the materlink. But the bond bridge looks like a new / different version of the same tool that connects via WiFi no by cat.

Bond

Matterlink
https://www.matterlink.sg/

Both seem the same to me.

How loud are the motors? I can't find a link for the battery powered version or is there a way to convert to battery 
I am using 12 v mains.
I tried batteries. They expired to quickly.

60db at a meter away according to splmeter app on my phone.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.