C4 Forums | Control4

Intrinsic Dev and myQ announce official partnership

38 minutes ago, BXTR said:

MyQ just removed compatibility with Clare which was an official integration 

Is there anything stopping MyQ from working with C4 (thru the Intrinsic driver)at some point down the road?

Clare Controls is a slightly different situation. It has a closed SDK as opposed to the open nature of Control4 and other platforms. This meant it was unable to be included in our agreement with Chamberlain. Chamberlain have given us authorisation to provide a solution for Clare Controls, but it requires consent from SnapOne. Chamberlain are committed to work with us on a long term basis to bring connected solutions to the smart home automation space. We have a deal in place to support the major platforms (Control4, Nice, Crestron & Crestron Home, RTI and URC) while we look for expansion opportunities with other platforms. We weren't involved in any discussion between Chamberlain and SnapOne so can't comment on the contract between them or the length of terms they had together for the Clare Controls integration.

1 hour ago, cnicholson said:

Any limit on number of doors/gates controlled in a single project?  I have a lot of garage doors.  

Yes, as above driver limit is currently 12. This can be extended for additional devices if required but myQ thought more than 12 was unlikely.

SnapOne is basically announcing thy're washing their hands of Chamberlain. (Responding to the Clare ending integration I suppose)

Any dealer wishing to integrate, these are companies offering solutions, but don't call us, and know there are rules you're suppose to abide by.

The negotiations were short, and lightsabers drawn.

What does that notice from C4 mean?  Is this driver from Intrinsic certified by both C4 and Chamberlain?  I am confused by the C4/ Snap One announcement which seems to be inconsistent with the Intrinsic Dev post at the start of this thread.

1 hour ago, zaphod said:

What does that notice from C4 mean?  Is this driver from Intrinsic certified by both C4 and Chamberlain?  I am confused by the C4/ Snap One announcement which seems to be inconsistent with the Intrinsic Dev post at the start of this thread.

Control4 tone appears annoyed after all their efforts, and the forever changing terms. Summary, …at your own risk, and we’ll probably get to tell you we told you so.

Maybe Chamberlain is finally on the straight and narrow….. time will tell. They’re getting their tribute so who knows.

I know it’s definitely slowed my roll on planning to buy it. Having previously spent money on a Liftmaster driver that after a few years got shutdown I’d be pissed if I spent money again on another one for it to just get shutdown too. 

I read it as being written by SNAP ONE’s counsel, nothing more, nothing less. And i don’t blame Snap One. In time, we will all know if this latest driver is a good solution. For me, I just wish it was available on DC. Ultimately, if not DC, I wish SnapOne would take over the driver store for C4. Just my HO - so don't shoot!