C4 Forums | Control4

OS3.2.4

Looks like support for Multi-display manager, as well as bug fixes:

3 Defects Addressed [AV-7888] - Night Mode should be greyed out or removed when "Blank" is selected. [AV-7910] - ShairBridge not working with iPhone 13 [AV-7948] – 404 error when calling from a touch screen to an iPhone device [CI-15746] - T4 screen saver programming doesn't reset to custom screen saver correctly [CI-16204] - Screen Saver won't work with photos or media on a T4 [CI-16778] - T4 touch screen locked up after updating [CI-17071]- T4 touch screen brightness defaults to 100% after upgrading. [CI-17867] - T3 touch screen hung during update [CI-18305] - T4 touch screen didn’t enter night mode properly. [CI-18626] - iOS app linking intercom devices from different projects [CORE-6905] – Internal error when adding a device in Composer Express [CORE-6979] - Composer Express is unable to view IR or RS-232 connections after updating [CORE-6983] - T3 Touchscreen not showing correct favorite status [CORE-7021] - Composer Pro missing Hebrew and Arabic languages from the locale [CORE-7022] - Push notifications are not showing the screenshot from the chime [DC-4092] – Fix capitalization issues on the Zigbee network setting page [DC-5145] - Remote terminal sessions times out after 5 minutes [DC-5205] - Project migration wizard is throwing an SCP error [EL-7778] - Centralized Lighting v2 lockup after rebooting multiple times. [EL-7738] - UDP metrics requesting 2 sockets with same port causes reboot [EL-7741] - Route lookup to the final IP destination failures due to low memory manager [EL-7742] – If the centralized lighting device resetting every minute due to no IP address [EL-7793] Centralized lighting modules show offline after power outage. [EMCOMM-1199] - Centralized Lighting v2 stuck on "Retrieving firmware version from Legacy Device at " and not moving on to update other devices.

1 hour ago, chopedogg88 said:

Looks like support for Multi-display manager, as well as bug fixes:

3 Defects Addressed [AV-7888] - Night Mode should be greyed out or removed when "Blank" is selected. [AV-7910] - ShairBridge not working with iPhone 13 [AV-7948] – 404 error when calling from a touch screen to an iPhone device [CI-15746] - T4 screen saver programming doesn't reset to custom screen saver correctly [CI-16204] - Screen Saver won't work with photos or media on a T4 [CI-16778] - T4 touch screen locked up after updating [CI-17071]- T4 touch screen brightness defaults to 100% after upgrading. [CI-17867] - T3 touch screen hung during update [CI-18305] - T4 touch screen didn’t enter night mode properly. [CI-18626] - iOS app linking intercom devices from different projects [CORE-6905] – Internal error when adding a device in Composer Express [CORE-6979] - Composer Express is unable to view IR or RS-232 connections after updating [CORE-6983] - T3 Touchscreen not showing correct favorite status [CORE-7021] - Composer Pro missing Hebrew and Arabic languages from the locale [CORE-7022] - Push notifications are not showing the screenshot from the chime [DC-4092] – Fix capitalization issues on the Zigbee network setting page [DC-5145] - Remote terminal sessions times out after 5 minutes [DC-5205] - Project migration wizard is throwing an SCP error [EL-7778] - Centralized Lighting v2 lockup after rebooting multiple times. [EL-7738] - UDP metrics requesting 2 sockets with same port causes reboot [EL-7741] - Route lookup to the final IP destination failures due to low memory manager [EL-7742] – If the centralized lighting device resetting every minute due to no IP address [EL-7793] Centralized lighting modules show offline after power outage. [EMCOMM-1199] - Centralized Lighting v2 stuck on "Retrieving firmware version from Legacy Device at " and not moving on to update other devices.

This looks promising - happy to see the fix for the Chime snapshot notification issue.  

I believe Multi-Display Manager (MDM), though intended for use with multiple displays in room, could also address the problem of not being able to watch something on the TV in a room while listening to something else?  I've watched some of this video (see 00:29:20 for discussion of audio selection in MDM), and I believe you could setup MDM in a room and create a video wall with just 1 display, then use MDM to play something on that one display and use the audio section to change it to something else?  Example: play Christmas music from Sirius over ceiling speakers while playing Christmas movie on TV.  Can anyone confirm it could be used in this way?  If so, that would be a fantastic addition and well worth the upgrade.

Just went in to update my own system (before any customers).  I've been stuck at 'Updating. Do not disconnect power' on my controller for almost an hour now.  Hmmm.

EDIT : All sorted now.  Took a couple of goes to get this update to take.

I have a feeling I’m about to be upset. 

MultiDisplay wall says it will only work on Tablets and Touch screens. It states that it won’t work on Mobile Phones or Remotes due to the amount of space needed to show on the screen. 

Is C4 considering an IPAD to be a mobile phone, because although it is set to visible in navigator it only displays a blank/non functional icon in Navigator on an IPAD. 

21 minutes ago, Topfox said:

I have a feeling I’m about to be upset. 

MultiDisplay wall says it will only work on Tablets and Touch screens. It states that it won’t work on Mobile Phones or Remotes due to the amount of space needed to show on the screen. 

Is C4 considering an IPAD to be a mobile phone, because although it is set to visible in navigator it only displays a blank/non functional icon in Navigator on an IPAD. 

No. It works on iPad. 

5 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

No. It works on iPad. 

Hmmm. Well good news since that’s what I use throughout the house …And bad news because it isn’t working as mentioned above. 

Guess we need to retrace some steps. Lol. Thanks for the verification. 

1 hour ago, Topfox said:

Hmmm. Well good news since that’s what I use throughout the house …And bad news because it isn’t working as mentioned above. 

Guess we need to retrace some steps. Lol. Thanks for the verification. 

Maybe somehow the phone app got installed? I'll assume a refresh navigator was done...

Just now, Cyknight said:

Maybe somehow the phone app got installed? I'll assume a refresh navigator was done...

Yeah. Refresh was done. 

I think the right app is installed. On the iPad I see a blank square where the Icon should be. Whereas on my iPhone that square doesn’t exist at all. 

We just launched our first mobile webview driver.  This is aimed at integrators who want to provide their contact details on a system so that the owner knows how to contact for support along with space for custom text (company description or information that they want the home owner to know).

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/contact-us-control4-driver

Control4 - Contact us - Mobile Half.png

8 hours ago, drmark12pa said:

Can someone explain the multi display function being discussed?

I believe the primary use case is if you have multi screens on the same wall. Example my basement is kind of setup like a sports bar. This should make it easier for me to control all the TVs from a single room vs how it is today where I have to have an individual room per TV. 

However, with that said I still don’t have it working :)  Haven’t been able to figure out why the icon is blank for me after setting it up. 

8 hours ago, Topfox said:

Well after doing some troubleshooting with @msgreenf, turns out the issue for me was you need to at least have iOS 13 for it to work. My iPad Minis are second Gen and don’t support iOS 13, so off to buy all new iPad Minis. 

Any specific reason for iPad’s, I mean u have it installed for example with in-wall or on-wall adapter? Android tablets are much better investment and works really well with C4 app, also cams are flawless with Android!

2 hours ago, Amr said:

Any specific reason for iPad’s, I mean u have it installed for example with in-wall or on-wall adapter? Android tablets are much better investment and works really well with C4 app, also cams are flawless with Android!

Total agree - Plus with Linphone you have Intercom 

15 hours ago, Topfox said:

Not mounted. They are all used like tabletops. I’m really invested into the whole Apple ecosystem. Heavy user of Apple Music, and I have a few paid for lighting apps like Thorlight that I really like. That’s about the only reasons. 

Also one less thing to teach the wife, which is an added bonus. 

I understand you, I had made the choice to use Android tabletops, costs $60-$80 with Docking, also Intercom works fine natively and Linphone is a Plus

LENOVO IDEA ZA5C0045US Smart Tab M8 HD 2/32 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SJ4LFMP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_G3WZ869D389X47A42RPR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

For Apple Music I just send anything I want to C4 shairbridge and am totally okay with this.

18 hours ago, Neo1738 said:

Did someone let a cat out of the bag?! I'm not seeing the battery summarizer anywhere in this thread anymore and no mention of it. Can't wait until C4 makes it official. 

A new native driver… exciting…

Ive tried 3 or 4 battery level drivers and none have worked well (for me).  I must say that the battery summariser (that I did not see) looked very good!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.