C4 Forums | Control4

HALO Touch- how’s it going?

1 hour ago, NYInstallers said:

Agreed- that is, pre- the new icons.

I am not sure new icons are worthy of going from OS3 to OS4.  not that I care, just doesnt seem to be how they operated in the past.  there is more to OS3 vs OS2 than just icons

1 hour ago, BY96 said:

My Halo Touch arrives tomorrow. What about the UI is going backwards in your view? Is it the icons used or the way one navigates through the menus? 

It's how menus are navigated. A simple explanation seems to be that OS3 put things in a grid and OS4 puts things in a list. I guess we'll see when it's deployed on the app and tablets.

8 minutes ago, manutdsoc2020 said:

What is the Movie Time driver? @chopedogg88

It is the popcorn Movie Time button in the picture from the Halo Touch I posted above. I just got it and it is great for turning on or off lighting or shades for movies. The popcorn is empty when the setting is off and full when on. 

4 minutes ago, cnicholson said:

Having major FOMO.   I must have the movie popcorn driver.   Or is it only available to those beta'ing OS 4 under NDA?  Kidding, kidding.  But, seriously, where can I get the Movie Time driver?

Message me 

What’s that saying… someone would “bitch if you hung them with a rotten rope”?

The Halo Platform Touch Remote is the by far the best remote ever released to date in the AV industry. We’re always going to find something we don’t love or we feel is missing, but they didn’t miss too badly here. And I’m sure as new things roll out, the Halo platform will only get better and better. As a dealer I’m not privy to much more than interested end users (outside of Betas with NDAs), but what we have been told is that there is a lot coming to enhance the experience and the Halo Platform remotes are designed with this in mind.

One thing overlooked is that if you use a third-party HomeKit driver setup with a bridge device etc, you can focus on AppleTV and voice control your home via Siri-(ish).

$550/$900 net is a big ask, but if we think about what they asked for the SR platform remotes and reconcile to today’s dollars, it’s not insane.

I’d suggest everyone try just one. I’m terms of touch, I was shipped Silvers only so far, but I think they look fantastic and I’m one to prefer black remotes. I had the Halo tactile day one. Had reasons to complain (WiFi & battery life issues) but FW fixed all of them. I do miss the 3 customs on the tactile they didn’t carry over to the Touch, but a few experience buttons favorited works.

All in all, I’m sure there has never been a better remote launched by anyone to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/4/2023 at 4:03 PM, CTMatthew said:

It's how menus are navigated. A simple explanation seems to be that OS3 put things in a grid and OS4 puts things in a list. I guess we'll see when it's deployed on the app and tablets.

they also decided to change the order of the colored buttons on the Halo touch.  I believe the order of these color buttons is pretty standard and has been the same on all of their remotes.  Maybe its a bug. At least they can change it on the touch. 

19 hours ago, time2jet said:

The Halo Platform Touch Remote is the by far the best remote ever released to date in the AV industry.

All in all, I’m sure there has never been a better remote launched by anyone to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL

I have now been using the Halo Touch for a day. Personally, I prefer the feel of it in my hand compared to the NEEO. It is thicker and heavier, but I prefer it. I am not used to the texture on the back quite yet, but I know it is there to help not losing your grip on the remote. I agree with the above comments about how a physical home button would be nice, and I do find changing rooms less obvious than with the NEEO. I had not realized how much I missed the physical play, pause, stop buttons on the NEEO. The physical buttons and the backlit buttons on the Halo Touch win the day for me. The Halo buttons also feel more responsive, as sometimes I wasn't sure if I had sufficiently pressed the buttons on the NEEO. 

I am very anxious to see what other additions are in our future. I do hope house-wide lighting will be available at some point, and I would like shades to be added soon. 

1 hour ago, time2jet said:

Which remote ever launched by anyone is better, bugs withstanding (will get addressed)? Serious question.  

Better at what?
Running a TV?
Running a Theater?
Running House Music?
Running a Multiscreen?
Running Everything?

Frankly, I don't think anyone's nailed all of those with one remote.

Running a TV, SR250, small theater too, many of the URC units.
House Music, giving the win to the Sonos CR200.
Multiscreen, need a custom touch for that, RTI, Crestron.

3 hours ago, time2jet said:

Which remote ever launched by anyone is better, bugs withstanding (will get addressed)? Serious question.  

The Philips Pronto line of remotes of course!  😃

They were great for their time, especially the final versions, but obviously their time has long sense passed. The Halo Touch does look a lot like the TSU9300

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.